In this Research Rundown we feature a very intriguing research report that combined Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy and a Ketogenic diet to prolong survival of metastatic cancer in mice. Be sure to watch Episode 14 & 15 too, as those Research Rundowns directly relate to the information provided in this Episode, “The Ketogenic Diet and Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy Prolong Survival in Mice with Systemic Metastatic Cancer”.
- Dominic D’Agostino was one of the lead researchers in the study, and he presented the combination of the ketogenic diet with Hyperbaric Oxygen in systemic metastatic cancer that was spread throughout small animal models.
- Dominic essentially created an environment where the cancer was spreading on its own.
- 95% of cancer research up to the point of this study was done by planted tumors, or something similar.
- There were 4 groups
- Control group of mice essentially had no therapy and they did not have a long term survival rate.
- Heavy ketogenic diet group of mice were put on a very heavy ketogenic diet and the cancer did reduce. When it did spread, the presence in the mice was less than the control group.
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy group of mice showed more improvement compared to the sole ketogenic diet, and there was less cancer.
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy & heavy ketogenic diet group of mice was where the two were combined. The cancer was almost non-existent!
- Host, di Girolamo stresses that there needs to be more research in this area. This particular study is from 2013, and it’s highly encouraging. He personally knows a number of cancer survivors who have applied fasting/ketogentic diet & HBOT (Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy) to their healing protocol of severe metastatic cancers, and today they are totally cancer-free.