In this Research Rundown we focus on Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy for treatment of Autism.
- There are a number of research cases out there involving the use of Hyperbaric Oxygen to alleviate the symptoms of Autism.
- Generally research starts with small animal models, then the research team graduates to large animal models and then to humans.
- This is a small animal model study that was released in September 2022.
- How do you get a small animal to demonstrate some of the behaviors that might occur in an Autistic human?
- This study dives deep into genes and the impact of those specific genes on Autism.
- The study starts with an Autistic girl who had the SHANK3 gene mutation and showed incredible improvement after Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy. The small animals used in the study carried the same genetic mutation that is identical to the human mutation.
- This study offers strong supporting evidence for the use of HBOT for the improvement of Autistic symptoms, especially resulting from the genetic mutation SHANK3.
- HBOT has been known to decrease inflammation and improve behavioral and neurological aspects in humans
- HBOT is considered a safe therapy, and we encourage you to try it for you or your loved ones with Autism.